Which is good, because I can come here and say “See? I do do things.
Drypoint on acrylic sheet, printed on some paper that I didn’t use in college because uck. Sort of a pinkish tan. Uck. And then watercolored, making it a monotype, I think.
Same plate, third or fourth print. I believe the lines are so thin on this one because I soaked all the cut paper and then put it in a towel to hold. The first print was on a softer, fuller piece of paper, so it printed darker.
The thinner lines are more appropriate for the subject, I think, and for the size – 3 1/2 x 5 inches. But I solved the mystery of the later prints coming out lighter and lighter, and I learned something about the kind of line I want. Although you can’t see it in these photos, there are a couple of fine scratches that printed beautifully! except I didn’t want them. I think they might be coming from my rings, or the acrylic sheets are goofy.
But there. I know a lot more about this than I did on Monday, and I am ready to think about bigger plates and more diverse subject matter.
And a note on process; heh. This image was supposed to be upside down, with the tulip turned so the stem was towards the middle of the frame and the very top of the tulip cut off. Maybe I’ll do that next time.
In other news; I got a new-to-me mattress, a Serta Ultra Vibrancy Whee! It’s got memory foam and some sort of gel for moderating temperature. I tested it out, and it seems comfy, but it’s been either shampooed or Febreezed and I’m not sure I can sleep on it till it quits smelling. My old mattress is in the garage on a pallet. I suppose I could go out there. It’s only getting down into the 20’s.